Teaching and Facilitation
- Guest Faculty Member at the University of Salzburg on the Masters Programme in Cultural Production (pending – 2011)
- Guest Faculty Member of the International Centre for Cultural Management (ICCM) in Salzburg, Austria in 2004 and 2006, teaching at Diploma and MBA Levels.
- Invited to serve on the Standards Generating Body for the development of the first Arts Administration qualification at National Qualifications Framework Level 4. (2003 – 2004.)
- External Examiner at Post-Graduate Level for the University of the Witwatersrand School of Arts, in Arts Management. (2004 – 2008)
- Accredited trainer in the National Qualifications Framework of South Africa and set up a special training consortium (Arts Training Consortium) with Lulu Khumalo and Jill Waterman to teach new qualifications in Arts Administration in various provinces in South Africa, (2003 – 2005.)
- Developed contextually-relevant education materials with arts-based methodologies directly linked to the new National Qualifications Framework. These materials use local case studies and participatory methods to encourage and support people who have had a poor primary education background, but are working professionally in the arts and culture sector (2003 – 2005).
- Devised and implemented with Jill Waterman a series of training workshops on fund-raising and how to apply for the National Arts Council soon after the Council was established. Support materials were developed and the training implemented throughout all 9 provinces. (1998)
- Co-ordinated and contributed to a team creating on the of the first learners' and teachers' texts on the Arts and Culture Learning Area at Grade 7 Juta & Co, South Africa (1997)
Workshop Facilitation and Mentorship Experiences
- Facilitated sessions on networking, lobbying and arts leadership as part of a capacity-building project for young arts managers ARTerial Network Winter School for African Cultural Networks in South Africa 2009 and Cameroun 2010.
- Developed and implemented a 22 day skills programme on arts management in the Free State for Free State, KwaZulu-Natal and North West learners. (2004 - 2005)
- Developed and trained of two phases of Cultural Entrepreneurship Courses for young artists in the UNESCSO Heritage site of the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park, South Africa. The first phase covered basic arts administration and the second phase focused on cultural tourism.
- As the South African project manager for the KaosPiloterne University , Denmark, initiated, devised, managed and mentored second year students in entrepreneurship development in business, education and the arts in various projects in South Africa. (2001 – 2002)